Waiting And Wondering

An afternoon nap is a necessity for Hope.

Hope had chemotherapy yesterday.

Her dose was increased a bit because she is between the weight guidelines for dosages. We know she is not in remission any more because of her snoring. The snoring returned last weekend. Her exam yesterday revealed a swollen tonsil and additional swelling farther down her throat.

Hope is still tired from yesterday, although her day was easier because I took Jake along to give her support. She is more relaxed with him around. Jake is sleeping today also.

Hope’s appetite is a bit off today, and I suspect she vomited a bit this morning. She has taken her nausea medicine. She is bright-eyed and alert.

Can we get her back into remission? If not we can try another chemo drug. The oncology veterinarian said we could try radiation on her throat, but we will not try that. Radiation is where we would draw the line. Whatever time she has left, I want it to be without having to have her skip breakfast, be put under anesthesia, radiated, then brought home — and not knowing how many doses she would need. I know the vet who specializes in radiation would be more upbeat about the process, but I think Hope has been through enough with chemo.

Please keep the prayers coming. Thank you.



About daysofourdogs

I have owned dogs nearly all my life. Many different breeds, mutts, rescues, and foundlings have found their ways into my heart. I have two dachshunds and a miniature schnauzer now. I hate puppy mills and want them wiped from the face of the earth.
This entry was posted in Dogs and Cancer, Schnauzers and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s